I received this book for free from the publisher . This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Hot and Badgered by Shelly Laurenston
Published by Kensington on March 27th 2018
Genres: Fiction, Romance, Fantasy, Paranormal, Shifters, Action & Adventure
Source: the publisher
Buy on Amazon
It’s not every day that a beautiful naked woman falls out of the sky and lands face-first on grizzly shifter Berg Dunn’s hotel balcony. Definitely they don’t usually hop up and demand his best gun. Berg gives the lady a grizzly-sized t-shirt and his cell phone, too, just on style points. And then she’s gone, taking his XXXL heart with her. By the time he figures out she’s a honey badger shifter, it’s too late. Honey badgers are survivors. Brutal, vicious, ill-tempered survivors. Or maybe Charlie Taylor-MacKilligan is just pissed that her useless father is trying to get them all killed again, and won’t even tell her how. Protecting her little sisters has always been her job, and she’s not about to let some pesky giant grizzly protection specialist with a network of every shifter in Manhattan get in her way. Wait. He’s trying to help? Why would he want to do that? He’s cute enough that she just might let him tag along—that is, if he can keep up . . .
My reaction once I saw the title for this book and knew it was about HONEY BADGERS:
This might be one of the ways I imagine our favorite honey badgers:
But I am torn on how to review this because I loved it so much and don’t want to even partially spoil anything so… it is LIST TIME!!!
Why do I love this book so much? Well..
- We get to see HONEY BADGERS… I mean come on now who wouldn’t love it just for this alone.
- A certain character I love gets their ass kicked and… also gets what’s coming to them from another source as well. When a mama says “I hope you have a kid just like you”, pray this doesn’t happen.
- Bo!!!!! Yes Bo is back in all his OCD glory.
- Kyle!!!!! We gets lots of psycho Kyle and man oh man did I miss him.
- The sisters are divine!
- Lock makes a fun appearance.
- A certain overly focused older genius makes an appearance.
- I really hope that one of the sisters ends up with my favorite panda.
- We get another species that I didn’t expect but should’ve cause he’s just priceless and I can’t wait to see more of him in future books.
- Another bear shifter so you know what he’s especially good at *waggles eyebrows*
- A love story that makes sense even as the world around them goes crazy they just work…
Now on to my warnings..
Read this ONLY with people around you that won’t get distracted by snort laughing as you hit some of the funniest parts.
Don’t read this while DRINKING ANYTHING… Yes I do mean DRINKING ANYTHING… You will spit take a few times if you do and there is a distinct possibility of laughing hard enough where it will come out your nose.
Be prepared to want MORE NOW as this book reminds you of why you love this series so much and so badly missed the world that Shelly has built for us.
So…. just go ahead.. buy it and prepare to not get anything else done until you’ve read it. Also… I might be a WEE bit excited that Shelly will be the keynote speaker at a RWA luncheon this summer. I will try to contain my fangirling but… yeah… I WILL BE IN THE SAME ROOM AS SHELLY… *hyperventilates* I’m cool… I’m cool… I’ll be cool….