I’ve missed you guys a lot over the last few months but between work, RT, BEA, school and getting sick (see RT & BEA) my body just couldn’t keep up. I know, I know… but WHY….. LOL
So let’s look at the insane things I have been up to:
RT Booklover’s Convention in Las Vegas:
- I splurged on two bracelets from Tiffany’s while there
- Got a smack on the ass from a passing Chippendale’s dancer
- Walked way too many steps every day from the tower that was the farthest away from the con
- Ate way too much great food
- Actually voluntarily, while sober, rode the VooDoo Zipline…. I cannot emphasize enough HOW MUCH I HATE HEIGHTS
BEA in Chicago:
- Took Amtrak for my first time and actually liked sitting back, relaxing and snoozing my time away
- Had a great temporary roommate- Lori M Lee
- Met Nicholas Sparks (got a book signed for mom)
- Met Kareem Abdul Jabbar
- Met Jaz Jennings and her mom (I just wanted to tell them both I was so proud of them)
- Met Berkeley Breathed….
- Did I say met Berkeley Breathed????? Cause YA THAT HAPPENED
- Met Jamie Lee Curtis
- Met Wesley Chu…
- And hauled so many books back with a nice side of pnuemonia…. *sigh*
3 classes this quarter including:
- Public Speaking – For an introvert this class is torture defined.
- Introduction to Sociology – Taken online with an instructor that only posted the next week as open for work on Monday morning with work due on Sunday… *head desk* this BTW cost me 1/3 of my points on an assignment because while I was traveling back from BEA I wasn’t able to respond to 1 more person … ya know SINCE ONLY MYSELF & 1 OTHER STUDENT HAD POSTED DISCUSSION STUFF BY NOON ON THE DAY IT WAS DUE!!! I wrote him about it before I got on the train and explained I would not have WiFi again until midnight (aka 1 min after due) and he could clearly tell that there was NOONE else I could’ve responded to …. anyway… moving on… grrrrrrr
- Microeconomics – *waits for the groan from everyone* Yeah I know but it was required…
Now I just have to wait patiently for the final items to be graded and then….
BIG NEWS…. At 45 I have FINALLY completed an Associate’s Degree….
Yes I know… But to me it is a HUGE deal that I put off for way too long. This means that since my Bachelor’s program won’t start until September 12th (aka my 46th birthday)…
I can start reading for fun again… blog about all the things I am reading… and shake up what I do online.
While at BEA I wandered in to the booth where they were showcasing Taste of Home books and information. This leads me to the idea that since I love to cook that I should also start sharing more of that with you as I know many of you also love cooking.
So with this being said… I will be working to streamline how I do things on here so I can maintain this while I work on my Bachelor’s in the fall. I love sharing my finds with people and really want to have more posts, information and giveaways out here. I am also thinking about doing a book club with local and virtual people because one of the things I did at BEA was a speed-dating event where I got a preview of so many interesting titles that I’d love to share with everyone..
So please keep an eye on this space over the next few months as I have a lot of stuff to give away… talk about … and enjoy…