I received this book for free from the Author . This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Beyond Surrender by Kit Rocha
on December 13, 2016
Source: the Author
She’s the heart of O’Kane liquor.
For years, Nessa has been focused on work. She keeps the whiskey—and the money—flowing, and life is sweet. Sure, she’s tired of being everyone’s baby sister, and she longs for a man who can stand up to her overprotective O’Kane brothers. But she never thought she’d meet him in the middle of a war.
He’s the brains of the revolution.
War is all Ryder knows. He was raised with one goal: to ensure the sectors’ successful rebellion against Eden. His father and his mentor both died for freedom, and nothing will stop him from securing their legacies with victory. He doesn’t have time for distractions—especially beautiful, impulsive ones like Nessa.
Opposites don’t just attract, they combust. Together, Nessa and Ryder have a chance for something more than the lives they’ve always known. But this is war—deadly, bloody war—and the only way to happily-ever-after is straight through Eden.
I must start this with a caution…. or two..
Don’t read this unless you’ve read the rest… just trust me, the author and anyone else who has read this already because you need to see the full picture.
Don’t read this where you have no access to tissues… there are a few moments that you’ll need them.
I have been buried with school and life in general so my reading time has been next to nothing because when I had a chance to take a break, I slept the time away. I’ve needed this reset and I am so happy that this book was my reward for working so hard. While this is the last of the series *SOBS* it does a great job showing us where we will be going next and gives our beloved gang a great story to go out on. I am not going to spoil this book because it would be cruel but here is one last O’Kane review list in no particular order…
- Ryder is just YUMMY!!! He’s very much a man who likes to take his time and do things right.. *wink wink*
- Ashwin… this is one scary ass dude and I look forward to his story.
- Lex shows once again why she is the QUEEN. I loved her in this story and know we will sense her influence in later stories. She’s going to have something to say even if it is just because of hearsay in later stories.
- Dallas proved why he is the KING. I loved seeing his strengths shine as Ryder finally gets to see behind the scenes. He’s such a great character.
- Nessa surprised me but I can’t put my finger on what I actually expected once we got to see behind the facade of the protected princess. I liked her before but love her now. She learned so much.
- Ace/Rachel/Cruz were once again in our sights and seeing how far they have come made me smile.
And now the list that I know many of you love when I do it..
- Tissues… there are a few moments where you need them and trust me there is one where I had to step away… it isn’t the one close to the end but a bit earlier and it really sucker-punched me in the gut.
- Safe space to rock when you are in a spot where all seems bleak.
- Avoid being around people who can’t understand it when you are talking to the book… I mean lines like… NO NO NO NO dammit why did you do that… wait.. she wouldn’t no… Bree and Donna wouldn’t… nope … nope… nope…
- There may also be a moment when you are like “LA LA LA LA LA I AM NOT READING THIS NOW… NOPE NOPE NOPE”
- There are also a few moments when you might need a fan… or ice… or both…
- There are also moments when you will want to switch places with Nessa… *or is that just me cause DAMN*
- Make sure you give yourself time to take the break and still finish the book in one long sitting… cause again DAMN
- Ashwin…. *fans self while being scared as hell*
- I know I mentioned tissues but yeah… they are needed.
Ok.. I didn’t do the story justice but it was AMAZING!!! Thanks to Kit Rocha for bringing me in to this world because even though I know this part is over there are more stories to tell. I’ll be along for the ride.