I received this book for free from the Author . This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Beyond Ruin by Kit Rocha
Published by NLA Digital Books LLC on 2016-02-23
Genres: Contemporary, Dark Fantasy, Dystopian, Fantasy, Fiction, Romance
Source: the Author
Buy on Amazon
The explosive 7th book in the bestselling BEYOND series. The sectors will never be the same.
Adrian Maddox fled his royal life--and tragic past--in Sector One, choosing instead to join up with the O'Kanes. For years, he's lived by one rule: love fast, love hard, and always be willing to walk away. He's managed to guard his heart, keep it whole and untouched--until now.
They couldn't be more different--Dylan, the brilliant, burned-out doctor from Eden who drowns his pain with drugs and self-destruction. Scarlet, the sensuous, sexy rocker from Three, a woman unafraid to embrace the world. And Jade, the whore turned spy from Sector Two, who battled addiction and came out stronger than anyone he's ever met.
Separately, they make Mad long to open his heart, to tumble head-first into a sea of possibilities and wild love. Together, they make him burn, inside and out, with lust and unbearable, unimaginable pleasure.
Then one fateful moment shakes their world to its foundations--and leaves the sectors on the verge of all-out war with Eden. It's the biggest fight the O'Kanes have ever faced, and Mad and his lovers are at the dead center of it. They could end up with everything they never knew they wanted--or lose it all. Including their lives.
Ok… I don’t know if I can adequately state how awesome this book is and where it is taking us in the future! I can’t give away spoilers but let’s see if I can come up with a list of my top 10 things (no particular order) that made me love this story so much:
- Glimpses of Dallas and Lex that show how much they really care about everyone and solidify them as my favorite in power couple. The heart is what keeps the sector going and is shown here as they face major changes.
- The views of Sector One and how Mad became the man we all love. He’s something else but seeing the powerful moments that made him who he is were heartbreaking.
- Seeing Jade become who she really is and watching her kick-ass as she gains back her core self. She’s powerful and needs people around her that let her live as her true self.
- Dylan… oh dear lord… I knew he would be something else but the depth to him surprised me as he finally understood who he was and what he wanted to be.
- Scarlet made me quite happy as I saw her finally realize her own self-worth. She’s got such an amazing heart but has a difficult time realizing that she is worth everything. I really enjoyed watching her gain confidence from partners that made her finally realize she mattered.
- Sector 2… This was something else to read about and will make everyone think thru the future for those we care about.
- Gideon and Mad’s family…. I enjoyed seeing them and understanding what they feel for Mad. He’s something important to them but they truly do love him even if they struggle to understand why he walked away.
- Hints of Ashwin… Dude… I CANNOT WAIT FOR HIS STORY!!!!!!
- Glimpses of Cruz, Rachel and Ace… *happy sigh* we don’t see them much but dammit if it isn’t powerful as hell. Love my trio!!!
- Hawk and Jeni will be AMAZING to see navigate thru the changing world as they find their path to each other. Loved the hints of this story…
So I know I kept my hints short on this but you really need to read this story so you can see how this all played out. I loved seeing the heat between them all but most of all the heart that is core to making this foursome such a powerful thing to watch.