Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!
So … in my post yesterday I sounded a bit down but I believe that I needed to hit this wall in order to move forward. This year is going to be one where I complete somethings and start on others. Here are some plans I have and that I will be sharing on the site with all of you.
- I will complete my Associate’s Degree this spring and graduate with honors.
- I will start an Accelerated Bachelor’s Degree program at Bellevue University in either the summer or fall. I want to take time off between programs but at the same time it might be best to just jump in.
- I will make time to read for fun each week even if it is just a novella.
- I will post at least 1 review a week here on the site.
- I will post my weight-loss journey including weigh-ins every Saturday which will be posted as part of a wrap-up post each Sunday.
- I will start to manage my health issues which means taking my medications as directed even as much as I hate them.
- I will ask for help when I need it even as I hate admitting that I have issues.
- I will not take a backseat in my own life and will demand that I get treated as I deserve to be treated.
These are things I have needed to do for a while now but I haven’t been aware enough of to make it a priority. Those of you who know me know I suck at taking care of myself but this has to change. 2016 is going to be a year of major changes that I hope will set me up for a happier, healthier life where not only I grow but the blog benefits from a healthier, happier Stephanie.
Here’s what I promise for those of you who have stuck with me thru the challenges of working full-time, going to school full-time and working thru a lot of personal issues. I appreciate it but here we go…
- I will not pull punches on what I am feeling and struggling with as I work to get healthy.
- I will attempt to give you multiple book reviews during the week including mini-reviews for older titles that I have read but never reviewed on the site.
- I will post recipes and exercise ideas that I am given as I struggle to control my diabetes and lose weight.
- I will seek to provide an outlet for others who are also trying to balance work, life and everything.
- I will post a monthly summary of the books that I have read with my favorites marked.
- I will have more guest posts and other content that I hope you will enjoy.
Please feel free to reach out to me at any time if you’d like to share something either via comments on posts or via email. I want you to feel free to share anything you wish with me as we all hopefully have a wonderful 2016.