So… I’ve been quiet for a lot of the past few months and it is time to change this in 2016. This past year has been one full of a lot of challenges in my personal and professional lives but I am stronger because of it. I am working on getting healthy from both a mental and physical perspective which means a lot of changes over this next year but I look forward to them.
What I’ve realized in 2015:
- I let myself be lost in a relationship that wasn’t healthy for over 10 years. I gave up my sense of self to a man who didn’t love me and proved that by not only making me feel like I didn’t matter but by cheating on me. I tolerated being forgiving when he got gifts and made plans for/with friends but couldn’t do so for me. I lived with the fact that I wasn’t important enough to plan trips with or even be willing to save up to buy a new bed or furniture that was for us.
- I am not healthy from both a mental and physical perspective.
- I am stronger than I give myself credit for.
- I am more capable of change than I thought.
- I am way too willing to be the doormat and not ask for what I want or need in all aspects of my life.
- I am tired of being solitary in all aspects of my life. This doesn’t mean I want to be a social butterfly but that I need to reconnect with the world in general.
- Lack of reading time makes me a very sad, easy to anger person.
- I cannot do it all for everyone and not care about the cost to my personal life or feelings.
What does this mean? It means I have finally reached a point where things cannot stay the same in any aspect of my life. I need to push myself to open up, get healthy and strive to be whatever it is I am meant to be. I need to do a lot of work to accomplish this and I am starting with changes to my inner self which includes taking care of my health from a mental and physical perspective. Be ready to see a mix of posts about books, my weight-loss journey and other items that keep me grounded plus motivated to change. I adore reading but perhaps I need to open 2016 with a slightly broader outlook and share my journey with others. I refuse to let my life keep going as it has been which means CHANGE.
I may get embarrassed from time to time as I share my weight-loss struggles and other items but dammit change is good for you! I may not see a lot of my favorite people at conventions this coming year but I will chat with everyone on Twitter.
I’m looking forward to what 2016 brings us all!