I have to admit that I don’t always look forward to birthdays but I do enjoy thinking about what I’ve accomplished in my lifetime and what I might want to do my next year on the planet. This past year I was lucky enough to meet some wonderful people as I slowly get more involved in the blogging world and online. I’ve also started back to school which is something I’ve been getting pressure to do by family and my work. So while last year was interesting I think this upcoming year will prove to be more challenging to me from a personal and professional standpoint.
Over the next year I plan on:
1. Getting serious about losing weight and getting healthier which means I have to control my inherent desire for anything sweet and carb heavy plus… go to the dreaded gym!
2. Continuing my education and taking classes even if a huge part of me hates them. They are a necessary evil so I must be a big girl and suck it up.
3. Expand the reach of the blog to include more standard features and guests. I am also bringing on a Mystery/Suspense reviewer and will always be willing to host others who just want to share their love of books with the community at large. Keep an eye on things as I hope to have even more content and fun stuff over the next year.
4. Travel to the RT Convention in New Orleans. This should be an awesome time and now that I’ve been to one I know more of what to expect and can hopefully get more out of it. I’m also thinking about going to either AAD or the RomCon in Denver but haven’t figured out which one would be a better one to branch out to this year.
5. Read, read, read. My hope is I can get caught up a bit with my backlist and continue to find new authors that expand my base of go to reads.
Ok so my list is small but they are huge items to accomplish and I’m trying to not take on more than I could possibly accomplish and share next year with everyone. Wish me luck!
Thank you to everyone who has participated in this week’s giveaways and over the past year on the blog. I really appreciate it and feel free to either look me up on Twitter to say “Hi” or drop me a line through the links on the site. I hope to continue to share with you my love of books and other musings over the next year.
I also have to thank the lovely Vivian Arend for offering to let me give away one of her books today as I never asked for contributions to this event but as always she’s such a generous person and made the offer out of the blue. I love working with all of the authors who have been so generous to little old me and the publishers who have taken a chance on me as well. I can’t thank everyone personally but you know who you are and without you I couldn’t review so many titles (200+ in the past year) as my pocketbook wouldn’t cover as many as I get to read. This week is a bit of my way to pay everyone back for their generosity and maybe even pay it forward a bit.
Thanks for letting me ramble a bit and enjoy today’s contest!!
One lucky commenter today will win the following:
From the lovely Vivian Arend – High Passion:
And from my personal stash of items from the RT Convention – Signed copies of Instant Attraction by Jill Shalvis, Chaos Burning by Lauren Dane and The Darkest Hour by Maya Banks: