Buy on Amazon
There's punishment—and then there's vengeance.
Nora Sutherlin is in handcuffs, held captive by two men. . Under different circumstances, she would enjoy the situation immensely, but her captors aren't interested in play. Or pity.
As the reality of her impending peril unfolds, Nora becomes Scheherazade, buying each hour of her life with stories—sensual tales of Søren, Kingsley and Wesley, each of whom has tempted and tested and tortured her in his own way. This, Nora realizes, is her life: nothing so simple, so vanilla, as a mere love triangle for her. It's a knot in a silken cord, a tangled mass of longings of the body and the heart and the mind. And it may unravel at any moment.
But in Nora's world, no one is ever truly powerless—a cadre of her friends, protectors and lovers stands ready to do anything to save her, even when the only certainty seems to be sacrifice and heartbreak .
I’ve got to admit that getting my hands on an uncorrected proof at the RT Convention has to be one of my best moments. My partner in crime at the convention was ready to just call it a trip at that point and just read it. Well she read it while we were still in Kansas City at the expense of sleep and the copy stayed in the room safe when we were wandering the convention. This review is not based on that copy but is based on the ARC copy I received via NetGalley.com from Harlequin and I must say I adored both versions. I adore Tiffany and loved being able to not only meet her in Kansas City but to also get to see her again at the Lori Foster event in West Chester. She’s a wonderfully sweet individual who handles crazy fans very patiently. I also have to mention that Andrew is such a patient man to deal with those of us crazy fans… 😉
I’ve got to admit struggling a bit with how to write this review without giving away spoilers and I think the only way I can do this is to mention the main players in this story with thoughts I had about their stories.
So on to the main players:
- Wesley – Sweetheart I adore you but you are too innocent and vanilla to ever completely fit in to or handle the world that Nora thrives in. While I do understand the depth of your feelings for her and hers for you I’m happy you got to go on a journey to discover exactly what you want and need for your future. My hopes are that you continue to grow and develop in to the man you are meant to be. I loved seeing you get to see the truth that you’ve always hidden from and realize exactly who what love can be even behind masks. You’ve got such potential and hopefully Tiffany will give us a chance to see more of you in the future.
- Laila – You are a beautiful young woman who got to see how love really is with two strong people. You gave us such an amazing glimpse in to life between Søren and Nora which I greatly appreciated. You know what love can be and are willing to risk it even when you aren’t sure it can be returned. You deserve every bit of happiness that I believe is coming your way and my hope is with the example that you had from Nora and your uncle you will never settle. You got some great moments in this story and I enjoyed seeing your views of our main characters.
- Grace – We didn’t really get to know you well in The Siren but you are an amazing woman who is lucky enough to have a husband in Zach that is willing to give you room to fly and spread your own wings. Your conversations and times spent with Søren have to be some of my favorite moments as you truly saw who he is behind the mask and probably have some of the best insights in to this amazingly complex man. You held your own against some of the strongest personalities and I admit to cheering when you not only got to experience one of your fantasies but when you got something you truly desired with the man you love. You are a lucky woman who has an amazingly open heart to accept things not everyone would be capable of.
- Kingsley – What can I really say other than *sigh* You proved yourself to be willing to do something that would have brought most other men to their knees but I am glad that circumstances made it where you didn’t have to break yourself to get this resolved. You got to understand more about how your relationship with Søren evolved and also got to rediscover what you originally saw in Nora. You had an amazing amount of growth during this story and I’m happy you have finally found the balance you needed in your life. The fact you really got to understand what was behind everything that Søren has done through the years I think gave you the things you needed to make your life truly fulfilled and for that I’m grateful to the kidnapper.
- Nora – I have struggled at times to like you. I didn’t like the way you played with people’s emotions and needs but as we got to see via the stories you told Marie-Laure there is a depth to your heart that you’ve just kept locked behind the mask. You like to play and manipulate but you really do love the men in your life to the point of almost having a split personality. I think you loved the idea of Wesley and the “normal” life you might be able to have with him but Søren feeds your soul in a way that no one else will ever be able to. You have a clear understanding of wanting what is best for the man you love even if it does tear you apart inside. I adored hearing more about your relationship with Kingsley and Søren because it also gave me insight in to who you are which gave me what I needed to really adore you. I had struggled but once we got more of what drives you it made me soften in my feelings towards you to the point where I was happy to see where you ended up.
- Søren – What a roller-coaster I’ve been on with you since The Siren. I admit I did not like you originally but as we got to see more of you other than the Dom I will admit to falling for you myself. Are you still scary? Yes, I mean let’s be honest here and say anyone would be scared of a sadist who has an amazing ability to see all the way to your soul. As we started to see you via The Angel and The Prince we got to see a man truly in love with Nora and one that also deeply loves his Kingsley. What threw me over the edge to complete adoration of you had to be the stories of a younger you with Nora and Kingsley but also your conversations with Grace and Wes. I think your conversation with Wes in this book was amazingly beautiful but also the fact you were willing to accept his place in her life just amazed me. You gave her what she wanted at the expense of self and this my dear is just an amazing thing.
Ok… I’ve tried to be careful with what I’ve stated above to not give away too much but still show how much I adored the stories that Tiffany wove together and the fact that every character gets what they need via this book. They may not get what they originally thought they would but I can’t imagine any other ending…
Thanks so much to Tiffany Reisz, NetGalley.com and Harlequin for the chance to read this in 2 different formats and I cannot wait until we get more from Tiffany. I’m looking forward to a young Søren in love so bring it on…