I received this book for free from the Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Beyond Ecstasy by Kit Rocha
on May 23, 2016
Source: the Author
Buy on Amazon
The O’Kanes have a reputation for working hard and playing harder—except for Hawk. He joined the gang with one goal: to ensure his family’s survival through the impending war with Eden. It’s been years since he had the luxury of wanting anything for himself. Now, he wants Jeni. From the first moment he saw her, he’s been obsessed with making her his. Not for a night—forever.
Jeni’s been lusting after the former smuggler for months, but he keeps shutting her down. She’s almost given up on getting him in her bed when he offers her the last thing she ever expected—a collar. Accepting it means belonging to him, body and soul. It’s a reckless gamble, but Jeni can’t resist the chance to slip under Hawk’s armor.
The only thing more shocking than the dark, dangerous pleasure they discover is how right it feels. But falling in love is even more reckless when forever is far from guaranteed. Because they aren’t just at war, they’re out of time—and every breath could be their last.
Excuse me while I go whimper in a corner for a while after reading this book. There are a couple of reasons for this – this is book 8 of 9… *sobs* …. and I swear Kit Rocha is trying to KILL ME. I MEAN SERIOUSLY TEAR MY HEART OUT OF MY CHEST AND KILL ME!!!
I mean seriously… rip my heart out with a single freaking word then just stomp on it.
I can’t really do this book justice with a review because it was just that wonderful but I am going to do a quick list of supplies for this and just leave you with them and…
READ IT NOW DAMMIT… If you don’t well hell you are missing out on EVERYTHING>>> ALL THE FEELS!!!
- Have Kleenex on hand
- Don’t read in public after the 50% mark (not giving you exact point but let’s just say be safe you should perhaps not read in public at all)
- Schedule recovery time
- Find a happy place after the story to reflect and get back to a normal heart rate before you go out in public again
- Take a moment to have a treat (I personally had a fruit pop to recoup *note that I had no chocolate*)
- I should put —- HAVE A TREAT READY… so maybe this should be first….
- Try not to think of how you need to ask a significant other to maybe act out a couple of things.. *hmmmm got distracted for a sec remembering what of the things might be fun*
- Did I mention Kleenex? Seriously dude ONE FLIPPING WORD….
Hmmmmm….. also where did I put the flogger??? LMAO
But honestly, Kit Rocha once again managed to both rip my heart out and give me the story that made me happy sigh at the end. Hawk and Jeni were such a wonderful pair to get to know even as the world as we know it rips apart.
And ummmmmm… when a certain someone gets his story (no not book 9 but trust me this one’ll be AWESOME) I need to have it ASAP but also need to make sure to take the day off so I can read/recover without interruption from real life. He’s going to be AMAZING.